Terms and conditions
The term W. Stevenson & Sons Ltd or Stevenson Newlyn, us, or we, refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Harbour Offices, Newlyn, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 5HB. Our company registration number is no 03569268 and we are registered in England. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of Instagram, including the rules located at https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870 and https://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
- Promoter: The Promoter is W Stevenson of Newlyn, The Strand, 76 A Strand, Newlyn, Penzance TR18 5HA.
- How to enter:
- To enter this promotion, entrants must follow @wstevensonnewlyn on Instagram and @StevensonNewlyn on Facebook, like either post on the platforms and tag a friend in the comments on the relevant post.
- Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
- One entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- If applicable, copyright in all entries shall belong to the Promoter. Entries shall not be returned to entrants.
- No purchase is necessary; however, internet access is required to take part.
- Promotion Period: The promotion is open to entries from 00.00 BST on 31st January 2021 until 12pm on the 12 February 2021.
- The promoter is offering entrantsthe chance to win a Cornish Fish Box and a 20% off voucher for their next online purchase at www.wstevenson.co.uk. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- How is the winner selected and notified:
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period by an independent person, or under the supervision of an independent person.
- The winner will be contacted within 2 days of the draw via Instagram Direct Message/ Facebook message. The comment on the original entry using the contact details provided with their entry and will be asked to provide their full name and address. If a winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. If a winner fails to respond within 4 days of this initial contact, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The prize will be sent via a courier/ registered post to the address supplied within 2 weeks of notification and the winner will be required to sign to acknowledge receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple Instagram accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this promotion.
- Nothing in these terms excludes the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability that the Promoter may not exclude by law. Subject to that, the Promoter and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
- technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person’s participation in the promotion;
- any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
- any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
- any other events beyond the Promoter’s control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Facebook and Instagram do not bear any responsibility for this promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants release Facebook and Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion. All information entrants provide when they enter the promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel.
- Subject to the winner’s rights under applicable data protection legislation, the Promoter shall be entitled to use and feature the name of the January competition winner for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
TERMS OF SALE
What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
- How to contact us
- You can contact us by calling us on 01736 330713 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the e-mail address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- Our ordering contact with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we take payment, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you during the checkout process you will not be able to submit your order. You will not be charged.
- We only sell to the UK excluding Northern Ireland. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. We cannot unfortunately take and process order for outside of UK or in Northern Island.
- Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures on site. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on images on our website.
- Perishable goods must be consumed, frozen or refrigerated on day of arrival
- Our rights to make changes
- Substitution of products. Where you have ordered a product which we cannot provide (by way of example, because it is a perishable product which would not be edible by the time it is delivered to you) we may, at our sole discretion, provide a substitute of that product which we believe to be similar or materially identical to the product you ordered. You will not be charged additional fees for substituted products. Upon taking the order we will ask you to agree to substitutes if needed.
- Providing the products
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery is included within the box
- During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you.
- Late Delivery. If your delivery arrives outside of the period indicated to you during the order process we may offer you a refund of the difference between the delivery cost at your elected period and the delivery cost for the time the products are delivered.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery of your order it will be left at a safe and convenient place, which you have specified to us in your order. If the products cannot be left at a safe and convenient location, or you are not in, our courier will leave your products either;
- with a neighbour; or
- in a place which the courier determines to be suitable.
- The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or at alternative place of delivery that you have advised of.
- The products which form your order become your goods once we have received payment in full.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
- When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- products which are perishable products (such as fish/raw meats);
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after delivery;
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered (regardless of whether you are in to receive the delivery or not). If you want to end the contract in these circumstances, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- If there is a problem
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
For the avoidance of doubt, perishable products (such as fish) once dispatched for delivery cannot be returned.
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products; and
- if you gave your consent to do so during the order process, to inform you about similar/complimentary products that we or third parties provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- We will only give your personal information to third parties where;
- the law either requires or allows us to do so; or
- you have agreed that we may share your information with third parties.