Rendang monk curry
- 500g diced monk fish
- 250ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Rendang curry paste [or red Thai sauce]
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp of root ginger, grated
- Handful of sugar snap peas and baby sweetcorn
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 courgettes, spiralised into noodles or substitute with rice noodles
- Bunch of Thai basil to garnish
- In a large wok heat your oil and start cooking your monk, garlic and ginger with carrot, peas and sweetcorn. Stir in your curry paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Next pour in the coconut milk and lemongrass. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins. Season with a drizzle of soy sauce and finish the curry by stirring in Thai basil leaves.
- For the courgettes blanche in boiling water for 2 mins and then drain. Serve a portion with a couple of generous ladles of rendang monk curry on top.