Fast pan cooked hake with shrimp, tarragon and spring onion
- 2 Hake fillets
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 100g brown shrimp
- 100g butter, died
- 8 spring onions
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 large sprigs of tarragon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg or mace
- This is a lovely one pan meal that’s quick to prepare but tastes refined. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Place your fish into one side of the pan in the hot oil. Cook it skin side down first for 1-2 mins and then add the butter.
- Spice your butter with a generous pinch of nutmeg and allow to bubble and poach the Hake for 3 mins. Spoon over the golden foaming butter to cook the fish evenly.
- Flip your fish over and add the shrimp, spring onions and tarragon to the pan.
- Cook for a final 2-3 mins and serve as soon as the fish is cooked through, the spring onions are delicately wilted and the tarragon fries in the butter. Season to taste