Moroccan monk skewers
- 250g monkfish medallions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 2 tsp harissa sauce
- ½ tsp pink peppercorns
- Pinch of rose petals
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Zhoug or wild garlic pesto
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Marinade your chopped monkfish in oil, orange juice, zest, harissa, pink peppercorns and rose petals. Season with a pinch of smoked sea salt and add in chopped mint. Leave to marinade for at least 30 mins.
- While the monk marinades soak your skewers in water to avoid burning and preheat your grill or oven to 200˚C.
- Feed 4-5 pieces of harissa spiced monk onto each skewer and cook them for 6-8 mins turning occasionally. Don’t worry about some charring as this will complement the sweet flavours.
- Serve with rocket and mint salad, yogurt and zhoug.