Mackerel Fish cakes
- 1 mackerel, butterflied and roughly chopped
- 250g mashed potato
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp root ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 small egg, beaten
- Pinch of seaweed salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- To serve Chinese cabbage, cashews and soy sauce
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well. Then on a floured surface roll the fish cake mixture into equal-sized balls.
- Place the fish cakes into a non-stick frying pan with hot oil and gently press to flatten into patties.
- Cook for 4-5 mins on each side until golden. Serve with lime juice and a stir-fried salad.