Herby crusted Cornish sole
• 2 fillets of Cornish Sole or Megrim
• 75g Panko Breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
• 1 tbsp finely chopped Parsley
• 1 tbsp finely chopped Dill
• 1 tbsp finely chopped Caper
• 1 tsp Sea salt
• 1 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 Lemon, juice
• 1 large Leek, finely sliced
• 50g Butter
• 50ml white wine
1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C. Start by toasting your breadcrumbs in the oven to make sure they are nice and dry or use crunchy panko breadcrumbs for best results. Toss them in a bowl with chopped herbs, capers and olive oil with your parmesan and a good pinch of salt.
2. Spoon this mixture onto the Cornish Sole and place on a non-stick silcone matt or baking parchment. Bake the fish for 8-10 minutes.
3. For the lemony leeks simply melt your butter in a pan and add your sliced leeks. Cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes and stir occasionally. Don’t allow to caramelise and if they start to brown, add your white wine to deglaze the pan and reduce the heat a little.
4. Once they are soft and tender, squeeze in your lemon juice before serving – too early and you will loose the fresh colour.
5. Serve your herb crusted fish with boiled potatoes and lemony leeks.